Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
This necklace was manufactured by the renowned B. Schwanda Button Company, founded in 1887 by Benjamin Schwanda in Czechoslovakia. The company moved to the USA in 1890, where it thrived until the growing popularity of plastic buttons caused it to close its doors in 1969.
We’re thrilled that Grandmother's Buttons founder had the incredible opportunity to buy some of their remaining stock of imported German glass buttons.
Moonglow glass buttons have an opaque interior, sealed with a clear top, creating a satiny, almost glowing appearance. They were developed by West German button artisans in 1954 and remained popular until the early 1960s.
In this piece:
- Vintage blue moonglow glass button made in Western Germany, circa 1950
- Vintage blue moonstone glass cabochon made in Western Germany, circa 1950-1970
- Two Art Deco style brass stampings made today in the USA in vintage dies
- Two brass-plated pewter settings cast today in the USA
- Antiqued brass chain
- Length is 16” with a 4” extender
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Grandmother's Buttons 001-N23B Valentina Necklace